Tiger Boys by Linda Gayle (4.5 Stars)

Tiger Boys - Linda Gayle

Can Sergei and Jules save the tiger clans from coming under the rule of an evil leader?

Sergei Sidorenko is the powerful prince of the Sidorenko tiger clan. He is sent on a mission to retrieve Jules Kasimov, the prince of the rival Kasimov clan. Jules isn't aware of his status or of his magical capabilities. Sergei must train him, and then hope that Jules will take his rightful spot as leader of the clan. This will hopefully allow peace to be maintained between the two clans.

Although the beginning was a bit slow, once the relationship was established and the world-building laid out, the story really hit its stride. The somewhat jaded Sergei and the naive yet strong Jules were an interesting pair, and I adored watching their love grow. The training sessions, where Jules learned to control his powers, were fun.

I loved the action-packed ending and could easily see everything play out in my mind with the author's excellent descriptions. There was just enough development of the history of their clans to make it very unique and interesting without getting overwhelming or boring. The love scenes were sensuous and steamy.

Jules' brother, Anton, was determined to become the clan leader and didn't mind killing anybody in his way. We were brought into Anton's mind several times throughout the story, and it wasn't a pleasant experience. He murdered several people and listening to his sickening thoughts was disturbing and realistic.

Extremely entertaining romance brought to vivid life by the lovely writing style of the author.

Originally reviewed for The Romance Reviews. Complimentary copy provided by author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.  Note: TRR only allows full stars, but this story was really 4.5 stars for me. Not quite as amazing as her other stories, but I still really loved it.

Source: http://glbt.theromancereviews.com/viewbooksreview.php?bookid=14738