Enlightenment of Daniel (Sex in Seattle #2) by Eli Easton (5 Stars)

The Enlightenment of Daniel - Eli Easton

A wonderful friends-to-lovers story that really captured my heart.

Daniel Derenzo is an extremely wealthy and ruthless businessman. His dying father has finally convinced him that he needs to start living his life. His best friend and business partner, Nick Ross, was in love with Daniel when they went to college a long time ago. Nick is now in a bad marriage with two children. Daniel realizes that he's in love with Nick, but they have so many obstacles to overcome.

I just absolutely loved this story. The characters were well developed, the plot was interesting, the resolutions were believable, and I found myself tearing up quite a few times. Daniel was such a stressed out man. He was extremely driven and calculating in everything that he did. At the same time, when it came to Nick and the kids, he had a heart of gold. I enjoyed Daniel's visit to the sex therapist when he realized that he might actually be gay and wanted help to confirm it.

Nick was smart, hard-working and extremely nice. His kids came first, and he was concerned about what a divorce might do them. I actually enjoyed the kids in this story. They not only brought an emotional connection with them, but they also gave the plot its true conflict. This story is only loosely connected to the first in the series, but it was also a wonderful book.

A love story between friends with true complications in their lives that was both touching and beautifully written.

Originally reviewed for The Romance Reviews. Copy provided by author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://glbt.theromancereviews.com/viewbooksreview.php?bookid=12524