Turbulence by Lyn Gala (5 Stars)

Turbulence - Lyn Gala

Phenomenal and romantic adventure in deep space with wonderful characters and an intriguing plot that kept me completely entranced from the beginning to the end.

Corporal Jacqs Glebov and Commander Zeke Waters are stationed on the Candiru, a spaceship patrolling the borders while humans are at war with the Ba'kel. As Jacqs and Zeke begin to develop their relationship, they must also deal with their crew, ship politics, and changes in the war climate.

The entire story is told from Jacqs' point of view, and he has definitely been added to my list of favorite characters. I loved the way he was always so blunt and honest. He told you how it was and never played games. Once he knew what he wanted, he went after it. He took his work seriously, and quickly became frustrated when others didn't do the same. In his opinion, he wasn't book smart, but I thought his street smarts were worth significantly more in this world. He also had a heart of gold and was always protecting those weaker than him without giving it a second thought. Listening to everything from his viewpoint was addictive.

I also adored Zeke! He was the perfect complement to Jacqs. He was patient enough to truly get to know how amazing Jacqs was, and he always made sure he understood whatever point Jacqs was making. To top it off, the sex scenes were incredible. They would have full-blown knockdown fights leading to hot and heavy sex, and it was amazingly steamy because it matched their lives and personalities.

I simply couldn't get enough of this world the author built. It had the perfect balance of science fiction and reality without an excessive amount of new terminology. Although there were quite a few people on the ship, I actually felt like I knew most of them which is pretty amazing for me. The ending of this story was brilliant and realistic.

Extraordinary storytelling and incredible character development made this science-fiction adventure a definite keeper!

Originally reviewed for The Romance Reviews. Copy provided by publisher/author in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://glbt.theromancereviews.com/viewbooksreview.php?bookid=11951