Unhinge the Universe - Aleksandr Voinov, L.A. Witt Brilliant story about enemies, in the truest sense of the word, to lovers.

Taking place during the end of World War II, two young soldiers, who are on opposite sides of the war, move from captor/captive to friends and lovers. SS Lieutenant Hagen Friedrichs, a brave young soldier, has just been caught by the Allied forces. He's carrying an extremely important document that could change the direction of the war. Captain John Nicholls, an American soldier, has been sent to interrogate Hagen and determine the validity of the document. The interplay between Hagen and John was magnificent.

Since the story is told from both points of view, we knew what was going on behind the scenes in their minds. We could feel their emotions as they fought their attraction for each other, but also saw the walls crash down as they fell in love. The realities of the war created true angst and concern for any kind of relationship between these men. Nothing was contrived in the emotions that were played out in their affair. The writing was smooth, and even though I'm not a big fan of historical war stories, I never felt lost or confused about events. I was on the edge of my seat the entire story. I just could not conceive of a believable happy ending. Fortunately, the authors managed to create one leaving me completely and utterly satisfied.

I loved this emotionally gripping and suspenseful romance with beautiful characters and the war as the backdrop. These two authors worked magic together.

*A copy of this book was provided by Riptide Publishing via NetGalley* Review originally posted on Swept Away by Romance.