Riding the Board - Cate Ashwood Enemies to lovers in the fierce competitive world of synchronized diving!

Blake Emmerich lost his prized partner to a head injury, and he’s not sure he’s ready for a new one. Nick Freeman desperately wants to work with Blake’s coach and seizes this unique opportunity. Unfortunately, even though these two have never been friendly toward each other, the coach insists they give it a shot for at least week to see if they can become a new team.

Blake was a pretty good guy, and the story is told from his point of view. He lived for the water and was devastated when his partner was injured. As much as he wants to dive again, he’s definitely not interested in diving with Nick. Nick is a complete jerk for the majority of the story. For reasons that didn’t really make sense to me, he is rude and hurtful toward Blake. The week they spend together was not an enjoyable one until they finally had sex. However, since the attraction didn’t make sense, the resulting romance didn’t quite work. I like Ashwood’s writing style, but this particular type of plot didn’t work for me.

If you enjoy diving and the enemies to lovers theme, this story could work for you.

The Romance Review

This review was originally written for The Romance Reviews. Copy provided by author in return for an honest review.