The Buyout - Bru Baker Sometimes the path we’re headed down changes drastically for the better with the love of a good man.

Parker Anderson is working hard toward his goal of taking over Anderson Industries once his father retires. However, his father plans on selling his company to outsiders, causing Parker and many of the employees to lose their jobs. Mason Pike is a key player at the company, and he’s determined to help prevent the company from being sold off. Mason and Parker get to know each other better as they start working together and dating.

Parker was hard working, smart, and very determined to do well. Mason has a very sarcastic, almost sexy, personality with the intelligence to back it up as the Chief Enterprise Architect of the company. I really enjoyed the witty banter between Parker and his assistant, Luke Jacobs, that took place at the beginning of the story as they sent each other instant messages. I also loved the messages between Parker and Mason as they first got to know each other.

Unfortunately, the majority of the plot was focused on the buyout of the firm and the related business politics. Although it was fast paced, it missed the mark on being really interesting and enjoyable by stepping away from the relationship side. There was a huge cast of characters which also got a bit confusing. One character was introduced as a major investor with a mysterious background, but it was never resolved or explained. I would love to see a follow-up completely focused on the relationship between Parker and Mason, since I think that’s where the writing excelled.

If you enjoy corporate politics and takeovers, along with some witty banter and light romance, then this story should hit the spot.

The Romance Review

This review was originally written for The Romance Reviews. Copy provided by author in return for an honest review.