Too Stupid to Live - Anne Tenino Reviewed for Bitten by Paranormal Romance

The focus of this very enjoyable story was on the building of a relationship between two people who seemed unlikely to get along. Sam is a very sweet young man who is also a huge reader of romance stories. He tends to relate a lot of things in his personal life to how it would happen in a typical romance. Hence the title, "Too Stupid To Live", is one of his common thoughts about activities taking place around him. He is also a fairly happy person with an enjoyable personality and a supportive group of friends and family. Ian, on the other hand, was a troubled young man. After an accident left him unable to continue as a fireman, and a family that clearly didn't support the fact that he was gay, he decided to move to a new town. He seemed to lack common emotional social skills which he realized and was actively trying to improve upon. I almost think he would have been an unlikable character except that we got to hear what was going on in his head. It was very apparent that he cared deeply for Sam and was just horrible at expressing himself. I enjoyed his therapy sessions where he exposed his deeper thoughts and fears.

The plot moved along nicely, the dialog was witty and enjoyable, and the sex scenes were very steamy and slightly kinky. It took quite a bit of time for them to move from just having sex to having a relationship. I think if that had happened sooner, and we could have enjoyed their relationship longer, it would have been an amazing book.

I usually don't give much credence to covers since authors don't always have control over them. However, I couldn't help but be bugged by this one. Sam was described as somebody who was almost homely, and yet the cover was of a guy that was absolutely adorable! I had a hard time believing people weren't falling all over each other to be with him.