A Shadow of Wings - Linda Gayle Positively magnificent! Between the romantic, sensual love story and the unique shifter angle, I was in paradise reading this story.

Dylan has been living a very challenging life after being abandoned by his family. He's barely making ends meet working for a veterinarian, but he's trying hard to improve his place in the world. Cam Coburn is a cockatrice shifter (large bird-like creature with a tail) who is drawn to finding and helping people in danger. They meet when Cam rescues Dylan from being attacked by a group of thugs. This is the beginning of a forbidden relationship since Cam isn't supposed to spend a lot of time with humans.

The characters were extremely well-developed, and I loved both of them. Dylan had this sexy, tough exterior with a need to protect. I could have listened to him talk all day, especially when he was sweet talking Cam. Cam had more of a refined but naive tone to him. He was very cultured about the world, but had never really been in love before. Dylan and Cam were amazing together. They cared about each other, and truly treated each other with respect. I loved how Dylan questioned Cam's uniqueness, but also accepted it in a way that seemed believable.

A good portion of the story was focused on their evolving relationship, with the remainder dedicated to the paranormal aspects which created a perfect dynamic. The story was sensual, romantic, and suspenseful. There was a solid epilogue, and the ending was perfect. Since there is the opportunity for the author to continue in this world or stop here, I certainly hope she continues.

Review:
The Romance Review

This review was originally written for The Romance Reviews. Copy provided by author in return for an honest review.