Leopard's Prey - Christine Feehan I love Feehan's books, so it was a major surprise to me that I didn't enjoy this one as much as all of her other stories. In some ways, it was standard Feehan, but without the magic.

I really liked how she built Remy's character even though I didn't like him. He was possessive, arrogant, sexy, controlling, and protective. He wasn't charming - far from it. When he finally got a little sentimental, it was done in character. There was no major change in his personality which I really appreciated.

I loved Bijou. I thought she had a strong personality and was capable of taking care of herself. I liked that she was willing to leave him if he didn't get his act together.

But there's the first problem. The typical H/h in a Feehan story are in love, stay together throughout the story, and really get to know each other. That wasn't the case here at all. They rarely had good conversations, they didn't get along all that great, and they really didn't seem to know each other. The romance was definitely lacking in this one. The sex scenes were there, but they were so rough and lacking any romantic feel to them that I started skimming.

There were more bad guys in this story than good guys. I had a really hard time keeping track of everybody.

The plot revolved around a serial murder which is not something I normally read. There were several scenes that truly grossed me out.

Overall, I'm not even sure I can recommend this to Feehan fans since it didn't seem to have much impact on the overall arc of the series. My time would have been better spent reading any of the earlier books in this series which I loved.