Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open - SJD Peterson, Eric Arvin,  Abigail Roux,  T.J. Klune,  S.A. McAuley,  Jason Huffman-Black This is very different from what I normally read. I didn't read 2 of the stories, but of the stories I did read, I wouldn't classify any of them as a romance. Overall, if you're looking for something dark and different from authors that you love, then this is a great anthology.

Foreword by Eric Arvin: Nice little pirate poem introducing the tales.

The Demon of Jericho by Eric Arvin: Very gory tale of a town taken over by a demon and the angel sent to save them. Not for those with weak stomachs. This story stuck with me, and it reminded me of the days I used to read horror novels.

A Cruel Thing by Abigail Roux: I couldn't finish this one. It was all about the war, and people were being attacked and dying. Since the story is told as an interview, you already know what happens and it isn't pleasant. There were so many characters that I couldn't begin to keep them straight.

Wrong by SJD Peterson: Wow! Lots of sex, but none of it pleasant. Two extremely wealthy and arrogant men play a nasty psyche game. Neither of these guys are nice, but you quickly realize that Judas, the guy holding all of the cards, is a tad better of a person than Lee, which isn't saying much. I actually felt bad for Lee and kept thinking that if his Dad had ever shown him any love that he might not be the wreck of a person that he was.

Anquish by Jason Huffman-Black: A monologue of reflective thoughts about the mistakes people make. Very poetic writing style which I really enjoyed!

The Hotel Luz by S.A. McAuley: By the time I was done with this, I hated both of the MC's and the way they treated the people they loved. Neither of these guys deserved anybody but each other. I was crying and angry. So for hitting me emotionally, the author did a great job. From an enjoyment perspective, I wish I wouldn't have read it.

John & Jackie by TJ Klune: I couldn't read this one. Maybe one of these days, but not anytime soon. I can't read about characters dying without crying like a baby. I don't care if they are in their 80's. I started crying on page 1, and couldn't move further. I love Klune, so I know it will be worth the effort to get through this.