Heart of the Race - Mary Calmes Best friends and soulmates, but life is taking them in different directions. Can they find their way back to each other?

Brian Christie has been in love with his best friend, Varro Dacien, since they were kids. Brian wants to lead a simple life giving back to the community. Varro is a daredevil who doesn’t feel alive unless he’s racing on his bikes. Through flashbacks, we see their history together and feel their pain at not being together today. Brian is finally ready to settle down in his life and accept that Varro can’t really be his, but Varro has a different idea.

The entire story is told through Brian’s eyes which worked extremely well for this tale. Brian didn’t have an easy to start to his life, but almost everything has worked out for him except for making Varro his partner in life. Brian was an amazing person with a sweet and caring nature. He had a wonderful voice for talking about his life in the past and present. His love for Varro was solid and unwavering. Varro was a complete adrenaline junkie from the day he was born. He was an interesting character, and once all of his actions were explained, I loved him as much as I did Brian. Watching Brian pine for Varro was difficult at times and had my heart breaking for both of them. Once they finally truly confront each other, it was pure magic. The epilogue was perfect!

If you enjoy a heart-felt romance with some angst and a significant emotional connection, then I highly recommend this lovely story.

Review:
The Romance Review

This review was originally written for The Romance Reviews. Copy provided by author in return for an honest review.