Battle Buddy (Rough Rangers, #1) - SJD Peterson An amazingly enjoyable story about finding your true love while pursuing a shared passion.

This book is broken down into two parts with each part running in parallel timelines, but told by different characters. The first section was told by Shane Tucker, and the second by Owen Bradford. Shane has written an account of his life in the army and his relationship with Owen. Owen proceeds to clarify some of Shane's comments, and provide us with details of what was happening in his own life at the same time.

I absolutely loved and adored both of these interesting and unique characters. Shane was shy, afraid to take what he wanted, but still a powerful man on his own. Owen was cocky, assertive and used to getting what he wanted. These two together created a visual in my mind that I would love to see in reality. The sexual tension during the first story was off the charts, but nothing compared to the heat once they got together. An extremely well-written steamy scene with the perfect emotional connection. Fortunately, it wasn't the only scene, but the sex certainly didn't overwhelm the story. I loved their dedication to becoming Rangers and serving their country. Their fear of coming out in the army and being discharged was both realistic and tragic.

There wasn't as much dialog as I usually prefer in my romances, but it somehow still worked on the emotional level because of how the story was told. By getting both of their stories, I felt like I really got to know each of the characters. There was a touch of humor as Owen continuously egged poor Shane on. I was crying happy tears at the end knowing these two would somehow manage to spend the rest of their lives together.

If you enjoy military romances, then I highly recommend this enjoyable, touching and sexy love story.

The Romance Review

This review was originally written for The Romance Reviews. Copy provided by author in return for an honest review.