Point of No Return - N.R. Walker How long can you mix a dangerous career with a hidden love affair?

Matthew Elliot is one of the Fab Four, a group of top notch detectives working in the narcotics division in Los Angeles. They have been shutting down drug rings and risking their lives to do it. He's also deep in the closet, and afraid that if he publicly declares he's gay, he might lose his friends and job. His sexy new boxing coach, Kira Takeo Franco, is also in the closet, but their attraction is mutual.

I really enjoyed this heavy relationship story with romance and police drama. The majority of it was pretty sweet, but it did get a bit violent toward the end. Most of the sex takes place off the page, but it was still sexy in its own way. Matthew was a strong detective who really loved his job. Kira was such a sweet guy who always had a smile. These two were meant to be together, and it was fun watching them sparring at the club or sharing romantic evenings together.

There was a little mystery surrounding the drug bust that took place which gave us a chance to spend time with Matthew's co-workers. Matthew's best friend and partner, Mitch, plays a heavy role in the story. Unfortunately, Matthew has never told Mitch he's gay. I could feel the angst this was causing Matthew, and I wanted to beg him to say something. Kira's parents were a nice touch to the story, especially since Matthew didn't have any family left. The violence at the end detracted from the story for me since it was a bit extreme.

I really enjoyed the author's riveting writing style and this very charming romantic suspense.

The Romance Review

Copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review.